- The information that Connecticut Orthopaedics collects and receives from you when you interact with its website: www.ct-ortho.com (the “Site”);
- If and why information may be collected by and/or disclosed to third parties;
- How we collect, use and disclose the information we receive; and
- Information regarding how we store and secure information.
IMPORTANT NOTE! Connecticut Orthopaedics’ Notice of Privacy Practices is a separate document that governs how medical information about you may be used and disclosed by Connecticut Orthopaedics.
Information We May Collect
- Information you Provide to us. Connecticut Orthopaedics collects information from you when you register on our Site and/or use our forum, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey, or fill out a form. When ordering or registering on our website, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, e-mail address, mailing address, or phone number.
How We Use your Information
Any of the information Connecticut Orthopaedics collects from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- Personalization. We may use your information to personalize your experience because your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- Site Improvements. We may use your information to improve the Site because Connecticut Orthopaedics continually strives to improve our offerings based on the information and feedback, we receive from you.
- Customer Support. We may use your information to improve customer service. Your information helps us to effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- Communications with you. We may use your information to respond to communications from you or to communicate with you about the Services, including sending periodic emails. If you decide to opt-in to our mailing list, you will receive emails that may include company news, updates, and related product or service information. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, Connecticut Orthopaedics includes detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
- Legal Purposes. We may use the information we collect to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to your use of our Site, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law.
How We Share and Disclose Your Information
- With third party service providers performing services on our behalf. We may share information with our third-party service providers to perform the functions for which we engage them. We may share information as needed to operate other related services.
- Marketing & Advertising. We may share non-personally identifiable information with other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
- Potential New Owner. We may share your information with others in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company.
- For legal purposes. We also may share information that we collect from users, as needed, to enforce our rights, protect our property or protect the rights, property or safety of others, or as needed to support external auditing, compliance and corporate governance functions. We will disclose your information as we deem necessary to respond to a subpoena, regulation, binding order of a data protection agency, legal process, governmental request or other legal or regulatory process. We may also share your information as required to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain
Connecticut Orthopaedics implements a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your information. However, the security of information transmitted through the internet can never be guaranteed. We are not responsible for any interception or interruption of any communications through the Internet or for data that is changed or lost.
If you have questions regarding this Policy, please contact us at:
2408 Whitney Avenue
Hamden, CT 06518
Effective Date: 12/19/2019