Sports Medicine Community Coordinator
Website ctorthopaedics Connecticut Orthopaedics
The Connecticut Orthopaedics (CO) SMCC functions as local oversite between CO ATC’s/Schools, physicians, and support staff. The main focus of the position is providing superior outreach Sports Medicine services through a collaborative care model with our physicians in order to optimize performance and enhance the quality of function for our athletes.
- Assure athletic training services to a school which we service a contract
- Assure up to date contracts
- Aide in developing new contract opportunities
- Coordinate physician coverage for athletic departments we serve as outlined within the contract
- Provide School Oversite
- Create & Maintain School Policy/Procedure Handbooks
- Create & Maintain local MD & PT specialty resource cheat sheet
- On-board new schools & staff to the CO network
- Promote & Maintain ATC compliance with injury documentation and tracking.
- Create reports as requested by supervisor to show value of investment
- Approve/Deny Based on staffing availability & demonstrate staffing efficiencies.
- Coordinate CPR/AED/EMS recertification among CO employed ATCs
- Coordinating quick care access with MD teams/call center
- Create & Manage marketing opportunities within communities served
- Work in conjunction with marketing coordinator
- Coordinate in-services within CO educational network to strengthen community ties
- Conduct site visits at regional schools. Minimum bi-annually.
- Promote & maintain positive working relationships with CO’s MD’s.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- BOC Certified Athletic Trainer Preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Professional and effective writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel throughout CO Territories
- Ability to stand and sit for sequences of time greater than 30 minutes.
- Ability to work on a computer or phone for lengthy times during the day.
Job Type: Full-time
8 hour shift, Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate: Hamden, CT: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)