Website Connecticut Orthopaedics
Connecticut Orthopaedics is a growing healthcare practice based in the greater New Haven community with a strong commitment to providing excellent care and customer service to our patients. The PACU Registered Nurse is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and coordinating patient care from admission to discharge. The Registered Nurse is responsible for the achievement of patient outcomes in accordance with the mission, vision, and values of the facility.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to correlate clinical data with patient’s medical and nursing care.
- Ability to set priorities and provide direction to others that is clear, concise and promotes efficiency throughout the clinical areas of the facility.
- Ability to communicate well with patients families, teammates, physicians, other members of the healthcare team, etc.
- Recognizes legal and policy limits of individual practice.
- Clinical Quality: Assesses, plans, evaluates and ensures the implementation of the patient’s care to achieve identified outcomes and delivers safe patient care according to facility policy and procedure.
- Assesses patient status on admission and on an ongoing basis.
- Implements appropriate standards of care based on assessment data and patient’s own goals.
- Coordinates nursing interventions to enhance achievement of expected outcomes and to ensure readiness for discharge.
- Ensures provision of patient care daily in an organized and timely manner.
- Adheres to all facility policies and procedures when providing patient care.
- Utilizes nursing care standards when planning and implementing patient care.
- Demonstrates ability to direct and provide for patient care in emergency situations.
- Assesses learning needs according to patient’s level of understanding and readiness to learn.
- Evaluates patient’s progress toward outcome achievement on an ongoing basis.
- Revises plan of care based on change in patient status and/or information gathered at change of shift
- Documents patient’s progress toward achievement of outcomes.
- Directs others in the implementation of the teaching plan.
- Assumes an active role in the provision of quality nursing care for patients receiving care.
- Analyzes nursing care provided in the facility related to the established standards of care.
- Participates in the monitoring and evaluation of nursing care provided.
- Assigns patient care responsibilities based on patient needs and abilities of available staff.
- Assumes charge nurse responsibility as assigned.
- Demonstrates ability to make decisions concerning facility-based problems.
- Participates on quality council to facilitate improvement of patient care.
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing.
- Minimum three (3) years of PACU nursing experience
- Current state licensure to practice.
- Successful completion of Basic Life Support (BLS)/Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) within 90 days of employment or documentation of current BLS/BCLS certification.
- Successful completion of ACLS Course within 90 days of employment or documentation of current ACLS certification.
- Successful completion of PALS Course within 90 days of employment or documentation or current PALS certification