Connecticut Orthopaedics (CO) has been serving patients in the greater New Haven area for over 55 years. Our practice has merged with several surrounding orthopaedic groups over the past several years and has become the largest privately-owned orthopaedic practice in New England. Due to our quality of care and attentiveness to our patients, we are proudly the team of orthopaedic physicians for multiple colleges and high schools as well as have our own physical therapy centers. In addition to our orthopaedic service line, we have three MRI suites, (5) acute care orthopaedic walk-in centers and a surgery center in Branford.
We employ the best available talent who demonstrate a strong work ethic, value patient-centered care and appreciate that we all have an important role! We have an employee retention history to be proud of. We are appreciative for our dedicated staff of professionals who serve thousands of patients every month.
THE OPPORTUNITY: Connecticut Orthopaedics is a growing healthcare practice based in the greater New Haven community with a strong commitment to providing excellent care and customer service to our patients.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong customer orientation
- Demonstrative initiative and ability to multi-task
- Strong organizational skills and systems aptitude
- Solid computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Knowledge on pre-approvals with insurance companies
- Knowledge of Workman’s Compensation and Motor Vehicle Accidents is a plus
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follows all Connecticut Orthopaedic Specialists P.C. policies and procedures including but not limited to human resources, clinic, administrative, HIPAA and compliance
- Greet patients and visitors, check in patients, verify insurance
- Enter patient demographics and insurance information into the Electronic Medical Record
- Determine fees and process appropriate co-pays, properly record information
- Maintain appropriate levels of cash and balance cash drawer according to procedure
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Associate of Arts degree, Medical Assistant or Medical Administrative certificate or higher preferred
- Minimum of two years of front desk experience with a medical practice, including electronic medical record-keeping and insurance authorizations
- Orthopedic or Urgent Care background preferred