Connecticut Orthopaedics is searching for a full-time enthusiastic Medical Assistant to join our team. If you have a passion for hands on patient care in fast paced environment, apply below!
This role will work very closely with the Physicians and/or ARPN’s and Physician Assistants. You will be providing direct support to our physicians and assisting with all aspects of the physician’s practice.
Our goal is to provide the best patient care. You will be responsible for clinical scheduling, clinical patient flow and surgical and test authorization. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, scheduling and follow up calls, patient contact, and liaison with outside agencies.
Does this sound like you?
- The ability to communicate effectively with physicians, surgeons, physician assistants and other senior clinical practitioners
- Exceptional critical thinking skills
- Outstanding professional medical phone communication skills and can coordinate with outside facilities to obtain patient medical information, following HIPAA regulations
Can you meet these Education and Experience requirements?
- Certification from an Accredited Medical Assistant program or prior training, education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired leading to a Medical Assistant title
- High school Diploma or equivalent (GED) required
- 3-5 years of experience as a Medical Assistant or Medical Secretary required
- 1-2 years’ experience working in an orthopaedic practice preferred
What’s in it for you?
Connecticut Orthopaedics provides a highly competitive suite of benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, FSA options and a stellar retirement plan with generous company contribution.
If this sounds like you, apply now! We look forward to hearing from you!