Job Summary: The Insurance Collector is responsible for monitoring accounts to determine timeliness of payment/collection. Duties for this position involve resolving denials and/or correspondence, providing follow up communication as necessary and re-billing on outstanding accounts. This position closely works with the CO Billing Team and Collections Supervisor.
- Monitor and resolve EDI dashboard for claim kick-out edits
- Manage A/R thru system module and reports
- Resubmit, appeal and follow-up on unpaid/incorrectly processed claims
- Answer incoming insurance specific inquiries
- Collect on insurance carrier accounts
- Assist with process improvement to bring about greater claims resolution
- Ensure the quality, integrity, and proper work effort of assigned tasks
- Perform other tasks and related work as required
- Follow all Connecticut Orthopedics policies and procedures including but not limited to Human Resources, administrative, and HIPAA compliance
- Perform other duties as assigned by their supervisor
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of insurance adjudication process
- Strong ability to communicate well with insurance companies and co-workers
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to multi-task while working independently
- Strong organizational skills and systems aptitude
- Solid computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft 365
- Ability to work well with peers
- Ability to problem solve and think proactively on how an insurance change or trend is/can affect insurance payments
- EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED required, Associate Degree or higher preferred
- EXPERIENCE: Two years of experience with medical insurance collections or an equivalent combination of two years’ experience and education required. EMR experience preferred. Prior knowledge of CPT/modifiers and ICD-9/ICD-10 codes. Experience with insurance websites such as Availity and knowledge of MS 365 is a plus.
- LICENSURE: No License or certification is required.