Connecticut Orthopaedics, New England’s largest privately owned Orthopaedic practice is growing! If you are interested in growing your career in DME, excellent work/life balance and competitive pay, we are looking for someone like you.
Our DME Coordinators play a pivotal role in providing our patients with state-of-the-art durable medical equipment.
Day to day duties include:
- Receive and process incoming Durable Medical Equipment orders.
- Verify insurance benefits and ensure DME provider is in network with patient’s insurance
- Work with physicians’ offices to obtain necessary documentation as needed.
- Track, maintain, and order inventory for multiple locations.
- Provide patient education on how to use equipment and insurance processes.
- Monitor orders/tasks in EHR, emails, and voicemails daily
Skills and Abilities you should possess:
- Knowledge of DME, custom bracing and casting
- Excellent time management
- Knowledge of anatomy
- High School Diploma is required; Bachelor’s in healthcare, management, or related field is preferred
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and a reliable means of transportation
- Willingness to drive to multiple office locations daily to pick up and deliver DME inventory based on the operational needs in each office
- Bracing experience preferred