A great opportunity exists for a Certified Hand Therapist to join the staff at Connecticut Orthopaedics Sports Therapy and Rehab. We are proud of our Physical and Occupational Therapy staff retention rate and enjoy hearing from the staff how much they love being part of the team! Wouldn’t you like to join that work environment?
You will have the opportunity to work with colleagues who are eager to help you become successful and have the advantage of easy access to the ordering physician. Here at Connecticut Orthopaedics we have a variety of programs aimed to improve the skills of our clinicians including a formal Mentorship program to develop our new clinicians. As well we offer a Career Advancement Program that facilitates the progressions of clinical skills in a structured evidence-based format.
We offer a competitive compensation package, a full suite of highly desirable benefits and a generous retirement plan contribution. Our time off policy supports our goal to have a work-life balance that our staff can enjoy!
As a result of company growth, we are seeking to hire a Certified Hand Therapist to join the staff of Connecticut Orthopaedics. Currently, we are seeking a qualified candidate for a full-time position. This clinical practice position requires an advanced understanding of hand/UE anatomy, research principles, and treatment techniques. Responsibilities include assessment, planning, treatment, and ongoing evaluation of the provision of care for a diverse hand/UE patient population. This position requires proficiency in custom orthotic fabrication.
This position requires a degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited Occupational Therapy Program and current CT state licensure as an Occupational Therapist
• Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited Occupational Therapy program required.
• 1 year as a Certified Hand Therapist (CHT) or on track to take the CHT board certification exam
• Three-year’s experience in outpatient orthopedic setting
Licensure and/or Certification
• Current license to practice Occupational Therapy in Connecticut required.
• Certified Hand Therapist by Hand Therapy Certification Commission (HTCC)
• Preferred Certification from the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT).
Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits offered.
Job Type: Full-time